Regular Price: $99 – 3 PDH Credits
Speaker / Author:
Philip Vassallo, Ed.D
In this course, Philip Vassallo, Ed.D., a renowned expert and author of three books on work-related writing, offers up-to-date practical advice to professional engineers on the important topic of effective writing in dynamic work situations. Many engineers struggle with writing and are rarely are offered the opportunity to improve their writing skills. This lively online course does just that by presenting tips and techniques that will enable engineers to write clearly, organize logically and summarize purposefully.
This course is for three professional development hours for engineers.
Writing for Engineers Learning Objectives:
- Distinguish between formal and informal writing styles as the situation dictates
- Create structured checklists to standardize documentation tasks;
- Summarize effectively for technical and executive audiences.
- Distinguish between email rewards and risks.
- Recognize five common email problems.
- Provide solutions for writing more effective and efficient emails.
- List the steps to improvements in purposefulness.
- Provide a list of things to do to manage email.
- Identify what goes into an email checklist.
Software & Hardware Requirements:
•56k or Greater Internet Connection
•Adobe Acrobat® Reader for the .pdf files
•Adobe® Flash® Player 8 or higher
•Modern DHTML Compatible Browser
•Ram: 256 MB minimum
•Sound card with speakers/headphones
•Windows or Mac OS