Hazmat Recertification 8 Hour Course
This annual Hazmat refresher includes eight hours of training and is necessary for regular hazardous waste site workers and managers.
Includes: Decontamination in Industrial Environments; Fire and Explosion Safety in Industrial Environments; Hazard Communication for Industry; Industrial Facility Regulatory Overview; Industrial Spill Response/Spill Control; PPE/Respiratory Protection in Industrial Environments; Site Safety and Health Plans/Procedures for Industry; Site Control in Industrial Environments; Toxicology; and Working in Extreme Temperatures.
Standard Rate: $96.00
Scroll down for the Hazmat-8 course outline.
HAZWOPER Refresher Course
Hazmat-8 Recertification Outline
The eight-hour course is a refresher to an original 24 or 40 hour training course in hazardous waste operations and emergency response.
Audience: Regular hazardous waste site workers and managers.Hazmat Learning Objectives:
- Identify the general requirements of a hazardous waste site safety and health program
- Specify how to evaluate a site’s characteristics
- Identify site training requirements
- Identify Medical Surveillance requirements
- Specify how to reduce exposures below established exposure levels for hazardous substances
- Define Air monitoring and its use in evaluating and controlling personal exposure to hazardous chemicals
- Identify newly developed air and contaminant monitoring equipment
- Identify new developments in personal protective equipment
- Specify proper decontamination procedures
- Recognize elements of a properly developed emergency response plan to handle possible on-site emergencies
- Recognize elements of a properly developed off-site emergency response plan
- Identify changes to pertinent provisions of EPA or OSHA standards or laws
- Specify new developments with respect to material covered in the 40-hour course
Primary Regulations: OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120, Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response
Related Regulations: OSHA 29 CFR 1926|OSHA 29 CFR OSHA 29 CFR 1926; OSHA 29 CFR 1910 Subpart E, Means of Egress; OSHA 29 CFR 1910 Subpart H, Hazardous Materials; OSHA 29 CFR 1910 Subpart J, General Environmental Controls; OSHA 29 CFR 1910 Subpart K, Medical and First Aid; OSHA 29 CFR 1910 Subpart L, Fire Protection; OSHA 29 CFR 1910 Subpart R, Special Industries; OSHA 29 CFR 1910 Subpart Z, Toxic and Hazardous Substances; OSHA 29 CFR 1910 Subpart I, Personal Protective Equipment, Including Respiratory Protection; OSHA 29 CFR 1910.146 Permit Required Confined Spaces; EPA 40 CFR PART 311, Worker Protection.